Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Tohsaka Rin Wig Styling Tutorial

Also available on my Patreon

Hey! I thought I'd do a quick tutorial for how I style my bangs for my Tohsaka Rin cosplay! So without further ado, here it is!


1. Start by feathering the bangs so they lie at eye level. Put the wig on a wig head, make sure it's on straight, and brush out the bangs.

2. Part the bangs in the middle, brushing them to the side.

3. Using larger hair curlers, curl the bangs in the curlers tightly, curling them as much as you can.

4. Use a hair dryer to heat up the wig fibers, using your hand to smooth the fibers over the curlers. Heat up the bangs until they are warm to the touch.
5. Wait, leaving the curlers in, until the wig fibers have completely cooled. It won't work near as well if the fibers haven't completely cooled before taking out the curlers!


6. Take out the curlers and spray the bangs lightly with hairspray before brushing out the bangs using a comb.

And you're done! That's how I style my Rin bangs at least!

The wig I used for this tutorial is this one from Taobao. I would recommend it as I really like the colour and style! The shopping service I use for Taobao is Spreenow which I would also recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment